Sunday 18 September 2016

Nyx lingerie first impressions & swatches



This year has seen the rise of the matte liquid lipsticks and I have to say I am a true fan. I love a good matte lip whether that be in the form of a lipstick or a gloss! I love the durability and the finish. Therefore when Nyx launched their range of matte lip glosses I knew I had to get one ( or three). I was able to grab three while I was in Thailand, you are able to purchase the lingerie liquid lipsticks at boots in the UK for £6. The three shades I managed to buy were Push up, Lace detail and Satin ribbon. This blog will be describing the packaging, application, durability, and finish.

Firstly I think the packing is great, it's sleek and strong so you can chuck this item in your makeup bag without the worry that it's going to smash. I like the fact that you can see the shade of each gloss without having to open it. The writing on the packaging is classy and simple. The wand is a doe foot applicator I find it stern and not flimsy which is good however I would have preferred a tapered lip wand  as it is easier to get into the edges of the mouth.





The Nyx lingerie glosses have a mousse consistency, which makes it more hydrating compared to other formulas and glides on. The finish is matte and it sets matte within a couple of seconds. I do however find that you need more than one coat, the first application applies a little opaque. The formula is a little bit sticky, but that's not too much of a problem unless you keep putting your lips together.

I did find that these liquid lipsticks did last for a while, although there are others on the market that last longer I was, however, able to do my errands for the day without having to keep topping up my lipstick. It took several wet wipes and scrubbing to remove the liquid lipstick swatches.

Overall I really like this range from Nyx, I think for £6 you really can not go wrong. I am planning on purchasing more from the collection.

from left to right ( Satin ribbon, Push-up, Lace Detail) 




Satin Ribbon
I would describe this shade as a nude pink colour, it is similar to Lace detail except I find Lace detail to be darker and a slight beige shade.

Push-Up 
This is my favourite shade from the collection so far, I would describe it as a mauve pink shade.



Lace detail
This is a nudish pink/brown colour, it's great for an everyday look or if you do an extreme smokey eye to make the look for subtle you can pop this on the lips.



                                                               Thanks for reading xo

No comments:

Post a Comment